Do you want to stand out? Do you want to catch people’s attention? The best way to do this is by having a great ad. Your ad defines your product. It is the forefront of the PPC.
There are a lot of competition out there and they sure aren’t kind. Everyone is competing to fill that ad space with irresistible offers. So how do you stand out? What would be your edge from all the advertisers doing the same as you?
Here are some tips and best practices that will help with crafting a killer PPC ad to put you ahead of your competition.
An ad written in a compelling manner gets the attention of searchers. Keep in mind that this is not just a listing but an advertisement that is meant to draw a response.
- The message should be consistent with the campaign goals.
- Research ads by competitors and find a way to differentiate yours.
- For credibility, the messaging on the ad should be consistent even with the offline campaign.
- If it is a famous brand, use it in the PPC ad copy.
- Use the headline for the strongest selling points because the font used for it is larger than the body.
- Always try to incorporate benefits and features in the body copy. Examples of these are free delivery, discount on product or fast processing time.
- If you have a competitive price, make sure to include it in the body copy.
- Register now
- Sign up today!
- Free 30 day trial
- Buy Now
- 30% off Today Only
Most people would assume that where the ad is placed and formatted is not important. This is not true. In fact, formatting can be critical in how it appears to a searcher.
Top ads, because formatted longer in width, can be combined with the headline. This is why it is important to include punctuation.
Searchers click on your ad if they find that it is relevant to what they are looking for. You need to make sure that your CTR (click-through rate) is above 1 percent.
Here are some points on how to make your ad relevant.
- Use the right keywords and make it bold.
- Be familiar with DKI (dynamic keyword insertion) and determine if this is right for you.
- Custom URL will help in determining your product. For example kitchenproducts.com/HandMixer. Add the keyword after the slash.
- Landing page should be consistent with what was in the ad. Nothing is more annoying than a misleading ad.
Read the Editorial Guidelines
Reading the guidelines is easy to overlook. Common guidelines that are easy to miss includes improper punctuation, URL that don’t match with the destination URL and superlatives such as “best” or “#1”. None of these are allowed in PPC advertising. You don’t want to go through the trouble of coming up with an ad only to be disapproved.
There is no specific way to making a killer PPC ad. It is very complex. However, knowing the best practices, following the editorial guidelines and testing different elements will lead to a successful ad in a competitive marketplace.
If you simply don’t have the time, or patience, to do any of the above mentioned techniques, then you’d be better off hiring the experts. This way, you can focus more on what’s important: your business.
To know how the industry influencers kick ass in PPC, and have them actually help you get your business off the ground, click here: http://www.foretec.com/sem-H8x0